Monday, September 7, 2009

Who is this saint? Pt. 3


Can you identify this saint?

I have no idea who this saint is. (My mom, convinced that she doesn't look particularly holy, has taken to calling her "Cousin Susie.") She's fairly modern looking, young, clearly not a nun or religious sister. My first thought was St. Maria Goretti, but the picture doesn't look much like the images I usually see of St. Maria Goretti. I had a brief thought of Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha, but a very quick Google revealed that she's always portrayed as looking much more obviously Native American than this saint does. Nonetheless, I think this young saint has something of an ethnic air to her, and I wonder if she might be a Central or South American saint I'm unaware of, especially as I'm told that bracelets of this type are particularly popular in places like Lima, Peru. (Meanwhile, St. Rose of Lima, my Confirmation saint, she quite clearly is not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment