Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Who is this Saint?

Can you identify this saint?

About a year and a half ago, I bought one of those pretty bracelets with pictures of the saints on wooden beads. I wore it for a while and then stopped, but recently rediscovered it and have been wearing it often.

My somewhat embarrassing problem, though, is that I can't identify a good 50% of the saints pictured. My mom asked me who this particular saint was, and when I couldn't answer her, she took to calling him "Cousin Marty." Apparently, he doesn't quite look holy enough for her to believe that he might be Saint Cousin Marty.

My first inclination was that he might be Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati, but after googling him, I'm beginning to think it's not. He looks relatively similar to the pictures available of Bl. Pier Giorgio, but not so much so that I'm certain it's him. Given that photographs of Bl. Pier Giorgio abound, I would expect it would be obvious if it were.

Besides, do these bracelets even have beati on them, or should I expect that all the images are of canonized saints?

2 comments:

  1. These are hard saints to identify! I think the first one may be Blessed Miguel Pro...But I'm not sure. Those bracelets should really come with a key. I have one, too (w/ diff saints), and am not entirely sure about a few of them. Good luck in your search!
    ~Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of Bl. Miguel Pro, but I just looked him up, and he does seem like a good bet for this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete