Friday, August 7, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday Part XXV


1. I was just party to explaining the acronym MILF to my mom. My aunt (it was all her fault anyway) and I were laughing so hard she almost never knew.
*******
2. I've been procrastinating my life away all week. I need to get an internship for this coming semester, and I simply can't get my act together to apply. I do genealogy, I blog, I chat. I don't update resumes or e-mail contact people or ask for references. I'm a little bit screwed.
*******
3. Have I been completely oblivious, or did everyone else know that one of the (formerly) jailed American journalists in North Korea was Lisa Ling's sister?
*******
4. I'm laying here in bed Thursday night, near tears because my high school principal, who I hadn't seen in 5 years and had spoken to only once, died earlier this week. I was planning on including our one interaction in this Quick Take, but it got too long. Next week, look for a post demonstrating how one of the smart kids, who never had any opportunity to interact with administrators because I was never in trouble, could learn first hand that the principal was a really good guy who will be missed.
*******
5. That was Thursday night. I fell asleep while trying to finish this post, and now it's Friday afternoon and I can't remember whether I had any other Quick Takes to write about.
*******
6. I've recently discovered I'm a country fan. It appears I like "pop" country - Montgomery Gentry, Lonestar, etc. Any more seasoned country fans out there have recommendations for good country music?
*******
7. I'm heading up to RI for a weekend of vacation this afternoon, and then driving down to DC for an overnight of hard work (moving furniture into my new apartment). It'll be a marathon travel weekend. Wish me luck.
*******
Check out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment