Friday, January 23, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday Part IV

Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!

1. You know you're set in your ways - perhaps to a fault - when you reach for a pen and find yourself thinking, "Come on now! Who in their right mind would ever use blue ink?"

2. The kind of thing you would only ever overhear if you worked at an archives:
"Come tell me about some history so I can love you again."

3. I can't be the only person who sees a commercial for this and really, really wants to caulk a bathroom, can I?

4. Only in DC can you ask a crying not-quite-two year-old who the new president is and have the response be an excited "Brock Obmama!" and no more tears.

5. I find the new president's daughters very confusing. It seems to me that they are always referred to as "Sasha and Malia." Malia's the older one, though, and everyone knows that the older sibling always comes first when referring to a pair of siblings. Trust me. If the press knew that, I could stop being constantly confused by which one was older, and I would appreciate that.

6. I hate milk, and almost never drink it. When I eat chocolate chip cookies, I drink lemonade. Delicious.

7. Who would have thought that, in my second semester of grad school, I'd be back to reading Spark Notes for class? I'm not proud of it, but between Inauguration hoopla and an entire day devoted to watching 24, I didn't spend enough of my weekend devoted to homework. I'm going to have to come up with a real schedule for this semester, or else possibly cut back on my hours at work, but I can't really afford that.

No comments:

Post a Comment