Friday, June 12, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday Part XIV


1. I've missed the past couple weeks worth of Quick Takes. I have a lot less free time in front of the computer lately, and, as you may have noticed, most of my posts are either very short or not exactly composed by me. Writing a blog is hard work! But I really do miss Quick Takes when I miss Quick Takes, so I'm trying to scrape something together now.
*******
2. Reflections on traveling back from DC: It's a sad commentary on the state of northern New Jersey when you think, "Ah, almost home!" upon seeing the countryside turn into industrial wasteland.
*******
3. Also a sad commentary, on the state of my biceps: when going bowling leaves you thinking, "Man, I'd better start working out more." I'm a really good bowler (well, relatively speaking, but I did take lessons when I was 7) at the beginning of each bowling experience I have, but then by the end my arms are tired and I'm bowling gutter balls at every turn. (I still came in second.) Time to start working out again?
*******
4. Project for the summer: learn to drive a stick shift. It's so much more legit than a wimpy automatic transmission, but it really seems like a lot of effort to put into something that isn't actually necessary for any reason. How much work should I put into my street cred?
*******
5. Something I've been wondering about for a while: How on Earth is the name Kmiec pronounced?
*******
6. I was on the train to work earlier this week, crocheting, when a guy sat down next to me. He looked at my hook, and joked, "Just don't stab me with that thing." It's clear that he didn't know the difference between knitting and crocheting, since everybody knows that only knitting needles are used to stab people. Crochet hooks are never weapons. That's why I added the Crochet Liberation Front (CLF) blog to the sidebar.
*******
7. And after I spent all week - more, really - trying to compose quick takes, I've still reached Friday morning without 7. So I'm making myself late to work to write up this little quick take about how writing 7 quick takes - over *3* weeks, wow, my life must be boring - is *really* hard.
*******
Check out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment